With the increase of HIV, HBV, MRSA and the risk of cross infection, this surgery has produced a patient's charter to ensure the safety of the patients attending the surgery, the chiropodist and staff.
- All instruments are autoclaved to 134 degrees Celsius to achieve sterilisation of the instruments; this is done to prevent cross infection.
- Hands are either washed with anti-bacterial soap and water, and/or alcohol skin wash, and a fresh set of vitrile gloves is used for each patient. Plastic aprons are used.
- A full medical history of each patient is mandatory and will be taken on the first visit and records kept up to date.
- Patient information will be kept confidential.
- The foot will be disinfected before it is examined/treated.
- A new disposable scalpel blade is used for each new patient.
- All procedures performed on the patient will include the latest aseptic techniques.
- All equipment, instruments, medicaments and dressings used are of the highest quality.
- A commitment to ongoing training to ensure the highest degree of treatment is delivered to the patient.
- A commitment to provide a professional, personal and outstanding chiropody treatment to each and every patient.
The charter has been designed to ensure your safety and to ensure that your chiropodist adheres to the standards, resulting in a pleasant and uneventful visit to the chiropodist. Please bear this in mind when choosing a chiropodist and make sure that they comply with this charter as you could be putting your health at risk. Please remove nail polish before treatment, and give at least 24 hours notice in event of cancellation otherwise a full consultation fee will be charged.